Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Flowers...My Garden Loves Me!

I don't get flowers from my husband from Valentine's Day.  In fact, we don't celebrate it...another commercial day that Phil and I don't need.  He says we don't need a particular day of the year that tells him he must buy me flowers.  He can do that any time he likes.  Or I just go and get my own anyway ;D

My garden has mostly loved the rain we've had, apart from the flooding which has killed off plants.

 All the snapdragons in flower at the moment are purple.  On four separate plants.  Odd, but I'm not complaining!


 More sunflower buds


 A red impatiens peeking through. It nearly drowned!


 I don't remember what this is called any more, but it's very pretty!


 Another mystery plant that I used to know the name of but can't remember any more.  It is thriving where the capsicums used to be.


 Not a flower, but I'm so glad this ginger root is growing.  Mr Storm sat on it after he chewed the top off.  I thought it was gone forever!


My least favourite thing on any day of the year...those green grubs chewed my bean plants and apple cucumbers to bits.  My Daughter found this one on the basil.  I asked her to check every leaf carefully, so she did and found 3 more even smaller than this one.  So small in fact, that my camera wouldn't even focus on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment