This is fresh out of my garden, and what I like to blitz into near oblivion to serve up in my Parmesan Cheese and Herb Toast (if you count spinach as a herb! I grabbed whatever the bunnies hadn't gotten to.)
I had a craving for the stuff they serve you at Sizzler. It is golden and crunchy on top, but super soft inside...you get the picture.
So this is what I decided to do:-
- Baked my own loaf of bread (LOVE my bread maker!)
- Picked some greens from the garden - see above. You can also use sage, oregano or chives.
- Throw the above greenery into my Thermomix (use a food processor if you have one, or chop chop chop away!
- Once the greens are
Note: If your food processor can handle butter cold and hard, go ahead and throw it in. Most like the butter at room temperature though. My Thermomix crushes ice easily, so no dramas there.
- Blitz until it looks like greenish butter and smells cheesy.
- Layer on thickly on fresh bread and grill until golden and crunchy.
The verdict? It is WAY better than what they serve at Sizzler!!
And sorry, I couldn't take pictures of the finished product. It got eaten way too fast.