Friday, January 27, 2012

Apple and Prune Thermomix Muffins

I love these for a quick Sunday brunch.  They're really easy to make, and are pretty much failproof.  I can even do it with my crazy new oven that I really don't like, but will have to get used to.

The recipe is here:-

  • 1 apple (cored and peeled)
  • 1/4 cup prunes
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
  • 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
I haven't put the Thermomix 'weights' of the milk or flour as my Thermie is not as reliable with measuring as I would like. It probably has slightly dirty feet.

Method:-

  1. Throw apple and prunes into Thermomix.  Blitz away until chopped to your liking (I do speed 6-7 for 5 seconds).
  2. Add to Thermomix all other ingredients.  Mix on speed 3 for 10 seconds.  You may have to scrape down the sides a little after you finished mixing it, but that's fine.
  3. Spoon mixture into a greased muffin pan and into a moderate oven (180 degrees C) for 10-15 mins or until golden brown.
  4. Serve hot with butter.
Makes 12 muffins.

These muffins are great to freeze individually and put in school lunchboxes.

*Instead of the apple and prunes, you could drain a bottle of berries, pat dry and fold them into the mixture at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment