Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What to do with powdered milk

I'm planning on stocking up on some powdered milk this year, but as per usual, before I actually buy bulk anything and store it, I want to be able to make sure I can actually use it, and that I know how to use it.

So I did a little Googling, and here's what you can do with Powdered Milk to make it 'useable':-


Whole milk

1 cup water
1/3 cup powdered milk


Evaporated milk

1 cup water
2/3 cup powdered milk


Whipped evaporated milk

Makes 3 cups

1 cup evaporated milk
2 Tbsp lemon juice

Thoroughly chill evaporated milk.

Add lemon juice and whip until stiff.

Sweeten and flavor as desired.


Condensed milk

1/2 cup hot water
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered milk

Blend thoroughly in a blender.

Can be stored in refrigerator or frozen.

Buttermilk or sour milk

1 cup water
1/3 cup powdered milk
1 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice


Drinkable powdered milk

To improve the flavor of powdered milk, mix it half and half with 2% or whole milk. Another suggestion would be to try adding a little sugar or vanilla to enhance flavor. Let chill several hours before drinking.

(I found this info on 'cookmyfoodstorage.blogspot.com')

No comments:

Post a Comment