I thought I would treat the kids to one just before they return to school (bittersweet - I enjoyed having them home these holidays).
Mmmm don't they look delicious!
This is what I used to make them:-
- Three handfuls small ice cubes
- Drinking chocolate (I used Cadbury's, of course)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar/blitzed raw sugar
How to put together:-
- If you're using raw sugar, blitz 2 tablespoons raw sugar on speed 9 for 30 seconds. If not, omit this step
- Fill the bottom of the Thermomix up with ice cubes, until it comes level with the top of the blades. Don't turn on yet.
- Add in milk until the ice cubes are just covered.
- Throw in your icing sugar if you're omitting step 1.
- I probably used about 1/4 cup drinking chocolate (or perhaps it was 1/3 cup...I love that stuff!). Cocoa powder would probably work better - perhaps only 1/8 of a cup - but I didn't have any left in my pantry cupboard.
- Add about 2 tablespoons cream
- Okay, now you're ready to blitz away. Speed 6 for 10-15 seconds. Check that all the ice has been crushed up.
- Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream and more drinking chocolate if you wish. Enjoy!
Serves 4 or three if hubby is absent, and a daughter has three glass fulls of the stuff! My son and I had two glasses each.
It's like a chocolate slushy.
If you want it more icy, add more ice.
You may not want the sugar in it either. Omit if you're unsure, you can always add it at the end and blitz for 10 seconds.
I'm going to try and melt some 'real' chocolate, then add the other ingredients once the chocolate has cooled a little, but not today. I think my body needs a break from all the rich foods!