- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams plain flour
- 1/4 capsicum (de-seeded)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 small can corn (drained)
- 1 large can tuna in brine (not drained)
- pre-cooked pasta *(I added in about 4 cups of macaroni)
- Chop capsicum on speed 4 for 4 seconds.
- Place butter, plain flour, and milk in Thermomix. Speed 2.5 at 90 degrees C for 5 mins.
- Add tuna juice and cook for further 3 mins on speed 2 at 90 degrees.
- Add tuna chunks and mix on speed 2.5 for 30 seconds.
- Add corn, then cook on reverse speed, 90 degrees for 6 mins on speed 1.
- Add cooked pasta and chopped basil. **Taste and add seasoning if you think it needs it. Mix for 2 mins, 90 degrees on reverse at Speed 2.
**I love the fact that the biggest hint for this dish from Mrs McKenzie was to add the tuna juice. It adds its own salt to the dish, and intensifies the flavour. I don't add any more salt but you are welcome to.
My kids informed me it looks a little runny, but they devoured it!
I added a little Parmesan cheese to each bowl once served
You could add other herbs and veggies to this dish. Grated carrot, zuchhini, peas etc. My kids don't like capsicum, but they didn't even know it was in there! Mwahahahah :D