Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week 36 of the 2011 Food Storage Challenge

$10 Challenge
Store 3 packets of spaghetti

$20 Challenge
Store 6 packets of spaghetti

If you find spaghetti a bit messy when you're eating it however, store whatever pasta you and your family likes to eat.  I like to store Pene and Spirals, because I can get that easily at my local Aldi store.

I store my pasta in a large plastic tub (with sauces) on top of my kitchen cupboards.  This keeps rodents and other nasties away from the pasta.  I haven't had any weevil problems yet either *knock on wood*.

I really do like to make my own fettuccine, but let's face it - sometimes there isn't time to be Super-Mum and the family have to survive on packet pasta sometimes.

This is what I use packet pasta for:-
  • Tuna Mornay
  • Pasta Bake
  • Pasta Salad
  • Pasta, Tuna, Tomato pasta sauce and fresh herbs from the garden
I'll put up a quick pasta salad recipe that I made last night that was rather yummy in another post this week.  It has my secret recipe dressing, so once you read it, you will explode into a thousand pieces ;D  Well maybe not.  But it is very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment