Easy Pasta Salad
- Cooked spiral or large shell pasta
- Bacon (cook under the grill so it is cooked and crispy)
- A small can of corn kernels, or half a large can, drained
- Baby spinach or other herbs from the garden
- Creamy dressing (see below)
- Throw your cooked pasta into your salad bowl
- Add corn kernels
- Chop up your herbs/spinach/celery/whatever green stuff takes your fancy over the pasta. I use scissors. Much easier!
- Chop up your bacon into bite sized chunks over the pasta.
You could add sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, black pitted olives, marinated chicken (see http://denleydiaries.blogspot.com/2011/08/marinated-chicken.html) , capsicum, mushrooms...anything you like really.
Whisk together the following:-
- 4 splodgy large tablespoons of S& W Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- 1 squirt American Mustard
- A sprinkle of salt
- A splash of Aristocrat Spiced Gherkin juice (yup, you read that correctly)
- A sprinkling of Dill
Quick taste test to ensure balance of flavours, then mix through pasta salad.
I put this dressing on my potato salad. I could eat the dressing alone, but I don't think anyone else would appreciate that. ;D