Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Show Scones With Jam and Cream

These scones are my husband's absolute favourite.  He devours them whenever I make them.  They do have to be eaten on the day, and preferably once they hit the 'just cool' stage.

I made this batch for my children to enjoy as an afternoon snack.




Mmm!

I used:-
- 4 cups Self Raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250 mls cream (you should use pouring cream, but I used the remainder of whatever I had purchased from Aldi)
- Up to 400 mls milk (add carefully)

Mix all these ingredients lightly.  I usually use a big bowl and a butter knife for really light results, but this time I used the Thermomix on a gentle mix until all ingredients were combined.

Knead lightly on a floured surface, roll until 2-3 cms thick.  Cut with scone cutters and place on tray.

Brush with a little milk and into a hot oven they go for approx 12 mins or until golden and risen.

Serve with butter hot, or with jam and cream when cooled.

I adore these with the Morello Cherry jam from Aldi.  It has just the right tartness for my liking with the sweetened cream I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment