Sunday, July 3, 2011

July Challenge



Either purchase or make or learn how to make soap/dishwashing liquid.  Store 4 bars of soap and 2 big bottles of dishwashing liquid.


The bonus of the Internet is that you can research how to make soap and liquid soap with the click of a button (or you can visit your local library and borrow some books on the subject).


Rhonda at her Down-to-Earth blog has some great step-by-step instructions on soap making here: soap-new-recipe. She also has some other links at the bottom of that post to guide you to more of her soap making posts.


If you have young children or pets around you and you're not keen to use caustic soda, I have posted a re-batched recipe here: Re-batched soap.  Just be careful not to add too much fragrant oil.  The one batch I went overboard with the apple-scented oil ended up going mouldy, but I haven't had any problems with my other batches.


I purchase all my liquid soap.  At this point I don't have the hours during the day to try making my own.  That may be a Christmas Holiday activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment