Thursday, September 22, 2011

Freezable Lunchbox Snacks

I love being able to stock my freezer door with some easy-to-grab snacks that I can throw in lunch boxes in the morning.

Portions of the following are easy to individually wrap, freeze and grab:-

  • Muffins
  • Cupcakes
  • Focaccia
  • Slices
  • Brownies/Blondies
  • Sandwiches
Today I made a chocolate brownie and parmesan herb focaccia for lunchboxes tomorrow as we were running low on freezer items.  They made for a great after school snack this afternoon, then they were sliced up, wrapped and into the freezer they went.

Usually I use make Cherry Blondies, but I didn't have enough white chocolate, and couldn't open the jar of Morella Cherries I had (doh!), so a chocolate cakey brownie it became.

Here's the recipe:-

Ingredients

100 grams butter
180 grams white chocolate
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup self-raising flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1 cup pitted cherries
Icing sugar, to dust

Prepare a slice pan - I am not into my brownies looking really pretty on the crust, so I throw baking paper in a baking dish.  Less mess.  Easy!

  1. Melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat.  Set aside to cool for 5 mins.
  2. Add sugar, eggs and flours to pan.  Stir to combine.
  3. Spread into prepared slice pan.  Press cherries into mixture
  4. Bake for 30 mins or until edges are firm and top golden in a 180 degree C oven.
  5. Cool in pan. Dust with icing sugar.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment