Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 39 of the 2011 Food Storage Challenge

$10 Challenge
Store 5 kgs wheat

$20 Challenge
Store 10 kgs wheat

If you can't store wheat, store flour, or rice, or whatever your family eats most of. 

This wheat can be put through a grinder to make bread, or tortillas daily if needs be.  I do have some wheat stored (20 kilos, or something like that), but I tend to store more flour as I used to be allergic to wheat when I was a child. Some people can develop intolerances for whole wheat in breads.  I am not willing to risk that should I need to rely solely on my food storage.

You can sprout wheat too, and munch on that.  There is a recipe for 'Swamp Water' floating around in my food storage folder which uses ground up wheat grass.  I have tasted it.  I was very nearly sick.  I don't think I'll be making that unless my life depended on it - and I'm seriously hoping it won't come to that! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment