Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 40 of the 2011 Food Storage Challenge

$10 Challenge
Store 2 kgs powdered milk

$20 Challenge
Store 4 kgs powdered milk

Powdered milk again.  Make sure you check the use-by date on your powdered milk.  I once purchased some that had to be used up within 2 months.  I use a tablespoon of powdered milk each time I make bread, but I didn't get to make that much bread!

Other options if you already have enough powdered milk, or if you don't wish to store it are sweetened condense milk, or evaporated milk.  I like to keep both of those in stock too, as I use them whenever I make Nigella Lawson's Flan (aka Creme Caramel).  It gets devoured quickly here, and I confess, I could eat an entire thing by myself.  Well, almost by myself.  Over two days perhaps ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment