Monday, March 19, 2012

Mildly Renovating

Faced with the prospect of having to move if my son doesn't get into the High School we know he needs to go to, we have started to tidy the place up...which we were going to do anyway.  But now there is a deadline.  Eek!  Phil and I (mostly "I") have come up with a schedule of things that have to be done around the house.  No ifs, no buts.  Bit by bit they will get done!

The first job was ripping up the carpet in the hallway.  It was gross green stuff that really should have been removed long ago, but we didn't.

 I did this much all by myself!  It took me 10 minutes of solid work, but boy were my legs and arms wobbly for hours after that!

 The floorboards are in excellent condition!  The carpet is so very green!

 Then Phil stepped in to help.  He does a much better job.  He has muscles, you see!  It took him half an hour to do the rest of the hallway.

 But he says when he got to this part of the hallway, he was feeling that jelly-like wibble wobble in the arms and legs.  I got the job of clearing out the carpet and underlay, and sweeping up the remains.

Just the carpet in the two bedrooms to go now :D (and a time frame of one week to remove all the little 'staples').

No comments:

Post a Comment