Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Marinated Chicken

I can't even remember how long I have been making this, but is a an easy, fail-proof recipe that my family loves!

Here's what you need:-

  1. Some olive oil (not the extra virgin type, just the 'normal' kind)
  2. Chicken salt and/or chicken seasoning.  I usually add in a little salt you buy from chicken shops for chips as well, but I decided to be good today and go easy on the salt.
  3. Sage.  Either fresh or dried is fine.
  4. Chicken. Breast or thigh fillets.

Splosh some olive oil, chicken seasoning and the sage into a bowl.  Mix away.


Add in your chicken.  Depending on how you want the end result to be, you can either cut the chicken into strips, or have it in bite-sized chunks.  I want to eat ours with veggies on the side, so I did strips.  Put it in the fridge until you need to use it.  I leave mine in for 3-4 hours to get the marinade going all the way through.

When you cook it, put the flavoured oil in as well.  Obviously don't save the oil because it has raw chicken juice in it!

Pan fry it until it is golden brown.  It cooks in its own oils and ends up YUMMY.  On to absorbent paper and you're done.

You can put the marinated chicken on sandwiches or burgers.  It can be BBQ'd. I put it in an Italian Pasta Salad I make.  You can probably even marinate wings or drumsticks and pop them in the oven with foil over the baking tray to avoid oil splattering everywhere.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment